Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023: A prestigious scholarship for doctoral students from Canada and abroad who are studying there is the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program. The scholarship offers funding for three years, as well as a $50,000 annual stipend and a $20,000 annual research allowance. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023.
The program is aimed at attracting and retaining top talent in Canada by supporting students who demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement. The Vanier CGS is awarded through a competitive process and is open to students in all fields of study.
Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023: Eligible applicants must be nominated by a Canadian university and must demonstrate a high standard of academic excellence, research potential, and leadership skills.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program is a prestigious scholarship for Canadian and international students pursuing a doctoral degree at a Canadian university. The scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year for three years and is designed to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global center of excellence in research and higher learning.
Eligibility criteria for the Vanier CGS include:
- Being nominated by a Canadian university
- Pursuing a doctoral degree in a field of the natural sciences, engineering, health research, humanities, and social sciences
- Demonstrating strong academic excellence, research potential, and leadership skills
- Being either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or an international student
The application process for the Vanier CGS typically involves the university submitting a nomination package, which includes transcripts, research proposals, reference letters, and other supporting documents. The selection process is competitive and based on academic excellence, research potential, and leadership abilities for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS)
Before you apply for a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS), make sure you and the institution that nominated you to meet each of the requirements listed below. Any nominations that don’t fit all of the requirements will be disqualified.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and humanities
Eligibility to apply for a Vanier CGS
You need to in order to be eligible for a Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023
- be submitted by just one Canadian institution, and that institution must have been awarded a Vanier CGS scholarship.
- be pursuing your first doctorate (including joint programs such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., or JD/Ph.D. – if it has a proven and substantial research component);.
- intend to pursue full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate research program like MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., or JD/Ph.D.) studies and research at the nominating institution in the summer semester or the academic year after the announcement of results;
- as of May 1, 2023, have no more than 20 months of doctoral study under your belt;
- After a master’s degree has been earned, the doctoral program will start. From the date of doctoral enrollment, the number of months of study is determined.
- possess a doctoral degree and have completed no more than 32 months of full-time study (i. e., accelerated, joint graduate research program, previously enrolled without earning a Master’s degree), by May 1, 2023, if:
The date of doctoral enrollment is used to calculate the number of study months completed.
prior enrollment in a Master’s program without earning the degree.
The months of study that have been completed are computed starting with the initial master’s enrollment date.
have completed the last two years of full-time study or the equivalent with a first-class average, as determined by your institution. Candidates are urged to get in touch with the school to learn what constitutes a first-class average.
To start or finish a doctoral program, a student cannot hold or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC.
Please be aware that only the Ph.D. component of a joint program qualifies for funding.
Eligibility of program of study
To be considered for eligibility, a doctoral program must have a substantial research component that results in the completion of a thesis, major research project, dissertation, academic publication, performance, recital, and/or exhibit that is merit/expert-reviewed at the institutional level.
programs for graduate students that combine professional training (e. g., MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.) and clinically-oriented programs of study (clinical psychology included) are also qualified programs if they have a sizable autonomous research component, as mentioned above.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023: A Canadian institution with a quota* for hosting Vanier scholars must nominate candidates. The institution where a candidate wants to attend should be the only one to nominate them.
A “quota” is the maximum number of nominations that an institution may submit to the national competition.
A number of months of doctoral studies
Regardless of the discipline, all prior doctoral-level studies that began in Canada or abroad are taken into account when determining eligibility, and unless otherwise confirmed by the institution, are considered to have been ongoing, full-time, and uninterrupted (including the summer months, unless on official leave). Two months of part-time study will be regarded by the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) as one month of full-time study. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023.
Students who are enrolled part-time due to a disability, parental or medical obligations, or familial responsibilities may hold a Vanier CGS. The Vanier CGS will be the same as full-time funding dispersed over a longer period of time for eligible part-time students.
employees of the Canadian federal government.
Employees of the Canadian federal government are only permitted to hold a scholarship if a leave of absence without pay is taken; no salaries or special allowances are allowed.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023- In the same academic year, qualified candidates may apply to both the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship program and other agency-specific doctoral-level scholarship/fellowship programs (whether to the same or a different federal granting agency). This is allowed as long as the proposed research for each application is in line with the goals of the federal granting agency to which it is being submitted. in order to learn more.